While many of our programs, and those of our partners, have been postponed – and several have been canceled – we realize that the need for connection is stronger now than ever before. Together, while we’re at home, so many of us are turning to the arts, humanities, reading, and history.
Below is a list of resources that we plan to continue curating in the weeks and months to come. If you have a suggestion, please share it with us!
In the meantime, our staff are planning programs for the summer and fall as well as working on longstanding programming including our annual general grant program and providing regular content on Chapter 16.
RESOURCES FOR INDIVIDUALS & GROUPS
- Emergency funds and resources available from the Community Foundation of Middle TN
- Emergency funds and resources available from the East Tennessee Foundation
- Emergency funds and resources available from the Community Foundation of Greater Memphis
- Resources and information for the museum field from the American Alliance of Museums
- Pandemic preparedness resources for libraries from the American Library Association
- Tennessee Department of Health
- GrantStation COVID-19 Related Funding
- Metro Arts: Recovery resources for artists and arts organizations
- American Association of State & Local History (AASLH) resources, blog posts, webinars
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Americans for the Arts
HUMANITIES, ARTS, EDUCATION & MORE
- TN Arts Commission – Enjoy art & culture from home
- Libby App for free library ebooks
- American Writers Museum reading recommendations
- Host a virtual book club
- View past author talks from the Southern Festival of Books on CSPAN BookTV
- The Porch writing prompts
- Storytime from the Nashville Public Library
- Read “War and Peace” with author Yiyun Li
- Smithsonian distance learning
- An ever-expanding list of online concerts from NPR
- Tennessee independent bookstores
- Stories from the Smithsonian’s Museum On Main Street
- TN Dept. of Education Partnership with PBS to deliver daily content for students
- NY Review of Books writer reflections on today’s world
VIRTUALLY VISIT SOME OF OUR PARTNERS
- Arts In McNairy
- Chick History, Inc.
- East Nashville Hope Exchange
- East Tennessee Historical Society
- Faith & Culture Center
- Knox County Public Library
- Memphis Heritage – Newman to Now Digital Exhibit
- Nashville Public Library
- Parnassus Books
- Southern Lit Alliance
- Southern Word, Inc.
Your gift to Humanities Tennessee supports literary, arts, culture, and history programs across the state. Through our general grant program, funds awarded by HT are leveraged in local communities for even greater benefit.
Learn more about our impact from our 2018-2019 annual report. Thank you for your support!