Student Reader Day
Transcript for Student Reader Day 2019 recap video (below) can be found here.
We match students with authors for a day of reading.
Humanities TN matches authors with schools and provides free books to students to underscore the importance of literacy and literature in young people’s lives and encourage young people to read for pleasure and personal growth. For many students – from middle to high school – this is the first they’ve ever met an author.
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in learning how your students can participate in Student Reader Day events.
Authors who have participated in past Student Reader Day events include:
- Kristin Tubb (A Dog Like Daisy)
- Shannon Greenland (Scouts)
- Ted Chiang (Exhalation)
- Alice Faye Duncan (Memphis, Martin, and the Mountaintop: The Sanitation Strike of 1968)
- Andrew Maraniss (Strong Inside: Young Readers Edition)
- Mohsin Hamid (Exit West)
- Cressida Crowell (The Wizards of Once: Twice Magic)
- Kate Beasley (Lions and Liars)
- Molly Brooks (Sanity and Tallulah)
- Tom Angleberger (The Strange Case of Origami Yoda)
- Paolo Bacigalupi (Ship Breaker)
- Kelly Barnhill (The Mostly True Story of Jack)
- Tracy Barrett (Dark of the Moon)
- Gitty Daneshvari (School of Fear)
- Junot Díaz (The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao)
- Karen Joy Fowler (We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves)
- Helen Hemphill (The Adventurous Deeds of Deadwood Jones)
- Silas House (Same Sun Here)
The Student Reader Day Program is generously supported by