TN Association of Museums Scholarships
Humanities Tennessee announces the 2021 Tennessee Association of Museums (TAM) Conference scholarships. TAM will hold the conference virtually March17-19, 2021. Our scholarships cover the conference registration and an annual institutional membership fee, and are available to volunteers without museum-related backgrounds working for nonprofit museums with no paid, professional staff.
Humanities Tennessee offers a scholarship program for the Tennessee Association of Museums’ (TAM) annual conference held every March. This initiative stems from our commitment to provide opportunities for professional and organizational development of Tennessee’s museums and their humanities programming.
The scholarships are available to volunteers without museum-related backgrounds who work for a nonprofit museum or organization that is starting a museum, and that has no paid professional staff. Each scholarship provides two nights lodging and conference registration fees for up to two people from each applicant organization.
Since 2003, 311 individuals from 117 organizations across the state have attended the TAM conference with this scholarship. Once introduced to the museum community by this program, many organizations remain TAM members and continue to attend each year without a scholarship.
The following volunteers received scholarships for the 2020 conference in Kingsport:
- Ann Davis, McMinn Co. Living Heritage Museum (Athens)
- Jill Jones-Lazuka & Barbara Langley, Morgan Co. Genealogical & Historical Society (Wartburg)
- Danny Atchley & Stacey Knight, Robertson Co. Historical Society (Springfield)
- Lori Forte & Joe Sweatt, Promise Land Heritage Alliance (Charlotte)
- Dan Spice, Greeneville Greene Co. History Museum (Greeneville)
- Cheryl Christensen Bennett, Broylesville Archives & Museum (Limestone)
- Lynda Skelton & Jack Pierce, Surgoinsville Area Archives & Museum (Surgoinsville)
For questions about the program please contact Melissa Davis at Humanities Tennessee by phone, 615-770-0006, ext. 8016, or by e-mail, email@example.com. For questions about TAM, please contact Debbie Shaw, TAM coordinator, by phone, 615-495-3354, or email, firstname.lastname@example.org